The qualification comprises five holistic and competency based units registered and regulated by Qualifications in Wales and OFQUAL:
HK24CY008 - Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology for Reflexology
For Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Reflexology the assessments will be relevant to becoming a highly knowledgeable reflexology practitioner, who will be able to individualise a treatment with understanding of how the body works, why we become ill and how we get better too. You will be taught treatment protocols set against medically pre-determined symptoms of pathologies, which means you will understand a persons diagnosis and use your reflexology diagnostic skills to perform an appropriate - for that person - treatment. The assessments will include a WorkBook/Pathology Directory and a Report
HK24CY007 - Business Skills for Reflexology Practice
HK25CY010 - Reflexology Skills in Practice
HK25CY011 - Providing Reflexology for Specific Conditions
HK25CY009 - Incremental Development of Applied Reflexology Skills in Practice
Agored Cymru are an Awarding Organisation in Wales offering RQF qualifications via Qualifications in Wales and Ofqual also working to support credit based learning opportunities from levels E to 7 and has been working with credit based learning for almost 30 years.
- The units for the Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology were originally written by Sue Alma Evans, Director of Inspira Academy of Reflexology in association with the Agored Cymru Curriculum Development Manager and was then put before a health board prior to validation
- Sue Alma Evans also originally wrote the Base Guidance Notes and all assessment and evidence content, but Centralia Centres are a co-operative and all learning contained within the qualification is developed with full input from Centralia Centres and then externally verified for educational and academic suitability by the Awarding Organisation
- The copyright of the units is owned by Agored Cymru and the copyright of the course content/syllabus and assessments are owned by Centralia
- NEPIP is also copyrighted and Trade marked to Centralia.
- The units may be accessed by other Reflexology Training Centres outside Wales (these are the Centralia Partner Centres) as long as the learners are registered with an Agored Cymru Approved Centre in Wales i.e. Centralia, and as an Approved/Recognised Centre, Centralia meets all Agored Cymru licence requirements for assessment, verification and standardisation
- The qualification has been designed to ensure that the learning is progressive, with a starting point based against the Core Curriculum for Reflexology and NOS (CNH1;CNH2, CNH11 - Https://tools.skilssfor health.org.uk/competence_search), the minimum requirement for reflexology practice
- The qualification encompasses advanced practical and conceptual knowledge with a depth of understanding of reflexology in applied contexts
- It has been designed to extend the learners' range and accountability in reflexology practice, and to develop progression opportunities in a clinical/professional environment
- The learners will be able to adapt reflexology treatments and techniques to the needs of individuals and apply specifically individualised treatment against medically predetermined symptoms of pathologies
- Centralia work with candidates who are studying at HE1 level.
- In Wales, the RQF is only one part of a wider credit based framework that has been available since devolution in Wales (1999).