Centralia and its accepts the responsibilities for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its students/candidates and employees.
Centralia/ Partnership Centres believe that a high standard in health, safety and welfare are essential to the success of the Centre.
Centralia /Partnership Centres will fully comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all their regulations.
So far as is practicable, Centralia/ Partnership Centres will ensure the safety and well-being of all candidates/students and employees, including users of its services and visitors.
Centralia/Partnership centres will manage health and safety on an ongoing basis. It will aim for continuous improvement, with measurement and review taking place annually.
Centralia/ Partnership Centres will ensure it meets its own standards for health and safety specifically:
- To have systems for the appropriate assessment and management of risk associated with service users.
- To have systems for the appropriate assessment of management of risk associated with premises.
- To have systems for the appropriate assessment and management of risk to employees, students/candidates and tutors.
- To have systems for the appropriate assessment and management of risk as arising from the organisation of events and social activities.
- To have systems which ensure that contractors/tutors working for or on behalf of Centralia or its partners are capable of appropriately assessing and managing risks posed by their activities.
Centralia and its Partnership Centres aim for excellence in all its activities. This includes a commitment to excel in the management of health and safety issues.